I adoreeee chicken wings. I think I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t like chicken wings. They’re equally good fried and baked as long as they’re juicy and not dry. Made some honey soy chicken wings the other day for dinner and they were so easy and so good! The best part is you just have to shove them into the oven and let the oven work its magic.
Don’t they look inviting? These chicken wings were sweet yet savoury, and bursting with juice with every bite. This will probably be something I will make more often for dinner since it’s pretty fuss-free and failproof. Feel free to adjust the amount of honey and soy sauce according to your own preference!
Note: After baking, you may want to keep the honey soy gravy for glazing or drizzling over the wings.
Honey Soy Baked Wings
- 1 kg chicken wings around 11-13 pcs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine honey, light soy sauce, grated garlic, salt and pepper in a big mixing bowl then add chicken wings. Massage marinade onto chicken wings and keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken wings on a baking tray and pour remaining marinade into the tray as well. Bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes until brown. The cooking time may differ depending on your oven.
- After 30-40 minutes, switch the oven to broiler mode. If you like, you can remove the baking tray from the oven and baste the chicken wings with the honey soy marinade using a brush. Broil the chicken wings for about 5-10 minutes, making sure that the wings don't get burnt.
- Once chicken wings are deep brown, remove from oven. Note: After baking, you may want to keep the honey soy gravy for glazing or drizzling over the wings.