Really simple Mexican chicken kebabs. Just marinate the chicken, assemble the skewers, and let the oven work its magic. The pineapple adds a juicy, sweet touch to the kebabs and is a must-add!
This recipe made around 6-7 skewers.
Mexican Chicken Kebabs
- 500 g boneless chicken thigh skin removed (bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper bite size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper bite size pieces
- 1 can 227g pineapple slices (bite size pieces)
- 1 large lime cut into wedges
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade then rub over chicken thighs (cut to bite size pieces). Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, best overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 15 minutes to prevent them from burning. If using metal skewers, there's no need to soak them.
- Meanwhile, prevent oven to 200°C.
- Assemble the skewers, adding chicken, pineapple and bell peppers to the skewers in any order you like. Place skewers on a baking tray, and glaze with some olive oil so that they won't stick to the baking tray.
- Bake skewers in the oven for 15-20 minutes (time may differ depending on the oven temperature and oven settings), then switch to broil mode to give skewers a slight char. Broil for 5-10 minutes (depending on how charred you want your skewers to be), then remove from oven. Squeeze lime over skewers and enjoy.